okay party people, i’m going to explain exaaacctttllyy how i made last night’s feast for all of you out there wondering…(julie..?)
1. buy spaghetti squash. this is the actual name of the squash, you can probs find it in any grocery store, just look for the big yellow one that says…”spaghetti squash.”
2. rinse the squash, and cut it in half, length wise. scoop out seeds and mush.
3. you have two options here cooking wise: oven or micro. oven: place both halves CUT SIDE DOWN onto a baking sheet, put in oven for 30-45 mins at 375. micro: put one half face down into a microwave safe bowl/plate. wrap with saran wrap, and cut a slit in it to ventilate. put in micro for 10 or so minutes (again, depending on the size of the squash). you’ll know its ready when you can stick a knife easily through the squash.
4. when the squash is done (knife goes in and out easily) take it out of either the micro of the oven, and slowly and carefully, using a spoon or fork, peel away the insides scooping the noodles out. (its really easy…the noodles just peel right off of the skin). scoop it all out and put it in a big bowl.
5. at this point you can do whatever you want with the noodles…treat them like regular ole spaghetti. pesto, mozz, feta, WHATEVA. what i did: put garlic and onions in skillet with a DAB of evoo (RR style), and cook for a few mins. add tomatoes.
6. pour mixture onto noodles. add kalamata olives, feta, chopped basil, tomato sauce.
8. decide you’ll probably never have spaghetti ever again
9. marvel at how much leftovers you have
10. feel happy that you have dinner for the next 3 nights.